Thank you for volunteering to be a coach at Saint Cletus. We would not be able to have a team without you.
The following information is for new and returning coaches. Per the CYC, in order to participate as a volunteer with CYC sports, you must be on a roster. In order to be on the roster, you must complete the following steps.
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children workshop.
- Complete the paperwork in the PGC workshop so that the parish can do a background check.
- Must follow the CYC guidelines for coaches training. You can find more at the CYC Website.
- After completing steps 1, 2, and 3; the adult then needs to apply for a CYC ID card. You will need to know your Coaching to Make a Positive Difference ID number. You will receive this number after completing the course.
- You are required to bring your CYC ID card to every game. Any adult that has not completed these requirements, or does not have their card on them at the game, will be ineligible to participate in the game.
- Register at the CYC Prevent and Protect Website for background checks here. Please contact your sport coordinator with the password to register. This password is only needed when you register.