Welcome to the St. Cletus Life Teen Site!
March for Life 2020
We are planning a trip to Washington D.C. for the pro-life march January 22nd-26th, 2020. The trip is open to 8th grade through high school students. This experience is a pilgrimage. A trip is simply traveling from one place to another, but a pilgrimage is a journey of spiritual significance that is made in prayer to a location of religious importance. Most pilgrimages are done in faith to achieve healing, answer questions, or receive some spiritual benefit. One benefit we hope to gain is a world that will value the dignity of all human life from conception to natural death and to believe in our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Jan. 22nd: Depart from St.Cletus after mass in the evening
Jan. 23rd: Arrive in Washington DC and check into the hotel. Evening programming held in the hotel.
Jan. 24th: Morning mass followed by the March on Washington with evening programming at the hotel
Jan. 25th: Touring day concluding with a vigil mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Jan. 26th: Arrive at St.Cletus usually around 12pm.
Who: 8th Grade, High School Teens, and Young Adults
Cost: $270 base cost per person ( We will be doing two fundraisers. Sept.29th –selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts after masse. Nov.17th and Nov.24th we are doing an M&M fundraiser.)
A $100 deposit will hold a spot for you and the total cost for the event is $270. Make checks payable to St. Cletus. The deposit is due by Oct.10th. We will be doing some fundraising for the trip so; the cost may be reduced for those interested in doing fundraising. Details about the fundraising events are forthcoming. If you have any questions just give me a call at 314-623-5258 or email at email@example.com.
Our mission is to lead teens closer to Christ and His Church by…
- Surrounding youth with a safe and welcoming environment leading to Christ-centered relationships
- Cultivating in them the traditions and beliefs of the Catholic faith
- Inspiring them to share a life-long love of Christ.
We accomplish this in a variety of ways through our different weekly and yearly activities:
- We have a Sunday Life Teen Mass at11:30am every week. Teens are encouraged to sit together in the front of church to help build community.
- We meet every Sunday night at 7:00pm for our Life Nights. Life nights are the way we bring the teachings and beliefs of the Catholic Church to the youth in the program.
- We have several retreats throughout the year to help teens experience Christ in a deeper way. We have a fall retreat, a Luke 18 retreat for 7th and 8th graders, and a summer Steubenville conference. All of these activities are geared towards leading teens closer to Christ.
Our program is supported by the parish, Fr.Benz, and is run by our Director of Youth Ministry, Bob Hamer. Bob is assisted by a dedicated group of volunteers called the Core Team. The Core Team is made up of young adults and some not so young adults who are a part of the parish. They lead small groups, plan events, and help teens build a relationship with Christ and His Church.
Thank you for checking out our website. If you have any questions or just want more information feel free to contact us. You can email Bob Hamer at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at 314-623-5258.